Know when/where it’s windy? We do! WeatherFlow operates the largest private marine weather network in North America and provides weather observations and forecasts to everyone from kitesurfers to the Department of Defense. We are in need of talented and innovative people to help serve our diverse clients. WeatherFlow supports a growing family of products and a set of applications for Android, iPhone and Web. We are a small dedicated team looking for motivated people whose work will produce immediate impact on our business.
We’re looking for a motivated individual who is able to work with limited supervision to join our team of contract forecasters.
- You will be responsible for forecasting wind and weather conditions for maritime areas across North America.
- Flexibility: You will join a small team of contract forecasters from around North America. Contract work may vary from week to week and is seasonal.
- Caffeine and a good alarm clock: Forecast deadlines will often require early morning reports.
- Reliability; deadlines must be met … folks need their forecasts!
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to others
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to work well under minimal supervision
- Understanding of meteorology, especially of surface winds
- Four years of experience analyzing wind patterns -OR- a BS in meteorology
- Love of wind sports like sailing, windsurfing, or kiteboarding
- Experience with wind forecasting
- Familiarity with WeatherFlow brands
This is seasonal contractor work. As such, it is considered a work-at-home workplace. It does not require regular traveling. To apply, please email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for a motivated individual to help expand the sales and distribution network for our growing line of products.
- You will be responsible for contacting a list of qualified sales leads, educating the buyers and establishing new accounts.
- Collaboration: We are a small team. You will collaborate with the Sales and Marketing Managers
- Organization: You’ll track and communicate progress at regular intervals
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in sales
- Persuasive, excellent communicator, highly organized
- Self-motivation and ability to work well under minimal supervision is critical
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Ability to quickly learn our product features and benefits
- Experience with Excel or Google sheets
- Familiarity with CRM tools like SalesForce, Insightly
- Familiarity with accounting/invoicing tools like FreshBooks
- Love of weather and/or a wind related activities
- Familiarity with our current products
This could be a full-time or part-time position. The position is work-at-home and does not require regular traveling, though occasional trips may be necessary. This position is a work-at-home position though an ideal candidate would live near our IT office near Daytona Beach, FL. To apply, please email your information to: email@example.com.