WeatherFlow-Tempest, Inc. (WeatherFlow for short) supports a growing family of products and a set of applications for Android, iPhone, and Web. We are a small dedicated team looking for motivated people whose work will produce an immediate impact on our business.
WeatherFlow celebrates multiple approaches and points of view, and we believe that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace – everyone is welcome to apply.
Interested in working at WeatherFlow? We are always looking for talented people in a variety of areas, from marketing to forecasting! Browse our openings below, or simply send your resume to: email@example.com.
Contract Marine Weather Forecaster (Pacific Northwest)
WeatherFlow is looking for a motivated individual who is able to work with limited supervision to join our team of coastal operational meteorologists.
- You will be responsible for forecasting wind and weather conditions for maritime areas across North America.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule. You’ll join a team of contract forecasters from around North America. Contract work may vary from week to week and is seasonal.
- You’ll need caffeine and a good alarm clock as forecast deadlines will often require early morning reports.
NOTE: We are currently only entertaining candidates for the Pacific Northwest.
- In-depth knowledge of coastal meteorology, especially maritime and coastal wind and weather patterns.
- Four years of experience analyzing wind patterns or a BS in meteorology.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to thrive under minimal supervision.
- Reliability. Deadlines must be met … folks need their forecasts!
- Availability. Forecasts are 7 days a week in season. Priority will be given to those willing to work weekends.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Ideal candidates …
- Love wind sports like sailing, windsurfing, or kiteboarding
- Are familiar with WeatherFlow brands
- NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered for future opportunities, however, only qualified applicants for the Pacific Northwest will be considered at this time.
Contractor compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a seasonal, work-at-home contractor position. It does not require regular traveling. Applicants from other countries may be considered. To apply, please email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tropical Cyclone Meteorologist / Hurricane Network Manager
WeatherFlow is looking for an experienced meteorologist to join our tropical cyclone team. The successful applicant will bring a variety of skills to our team, having practical skills in observational meteorology, observing systems, and observational quality control. The primary role will be to coordinate the expansion, maintenance and operation of WeatherFlow’s hurricane-hardened mesonet, including site identification ,evaluation, and permitting, and handling of construction contracts and data agreements. Additionally, the successful applicant will participate with real-time storm operations and product delivery, and support the use of the data and data interfaces.
- BS in Meteorology with two years experience in the weather industry
- Experience with tropical meteorology
- Experience with meteorological observing systems and observational data
- Experience with data evaluation and presentation
- Ability to work with the team and individually
- Capable, resourceful learner
- Ingenuity with problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with site selection, installing, and maintaining weather stations
- Experience with operating in the Linux environment
- Experience with programming in Python and bash
- Experience working with sql databases
- Experience with observational data quality control
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. WeatherFlow offers a full benefits package.
This is a full-time position at our Daytona Beach, Florida office. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Marty Bell, Chief Science Officer, at email@example.com.