Know when/where it’s windy? We do! WeatherFlow operates the largest private marine weather network in North America and provides weather observations and forecasts to everyone from kitesurfers to the Department of Defense. We are in need of talented and innovative people to help serve our range of clients. WeatherFlow supports a growing family of products and a set of applications for Android, iPhone, and Web. We are a small dedicated team looking for motivated people whose work will produce an immediate impact on our business.
WeatherFlow celebrates multiple approaches and points of view, and we believe that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace – everyone is welcome to apply.
Interested in working at WeatherFlow? We are always looking for talented people in a variety of areas, from marketing to forecasting! Browse our openings below, or simply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Support Agent
The Customer Support Agent is the voice of our company, providing 5 star service by supporting customers through their purchases, educating them about various products, and providing an interaction that is helpful, personal, and fosters loyalty.
We’re looking for a sharp, motivated individual to join our growing team as a part-time customer support agent. Qualified candidates should thrive under pressure, learn quickly, and work efficiently with minimal supervision. Our support team is entirely remote, so strong communication and organizational skills are key!
Support agents are responsible for responding to general inquiries about our products and services, as well as solving common problems and providing technical troubleshooting of our Tempest Weather System and other consumer products, as well as their associated mobile and web applications. As support agents often provide the first contact customers and prospective customers have with WeatherFlow, it is critical that they always communicate with respect and professionalism.
It will take some time and effort to learn about our suite of products and applications. While we provide ample training, the ideal applicant will be a quick learner, ready to dive in headfirst.
- Excellent communication, reading, and writing skills
- Computer and smartphone savvy
- Reliable computer and dependable internet connection
- Experience with Zendesk, Slack, Shopify, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Excel or Google Spreadsheets
- Familiarity with WeatherFlow brands and consumer products
- Understanding of meteorology and weather station equipment
If this role sounds like something you’d be interested in, we want to talk to you. WeatherFlow is a growing consumer electronics and weather technology company with an abundance of opportunity. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, and we believe that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace – everyone is welcome to apply. Please email your resume to: email@example.com.
Contract Marine Weather Forecaster (Pacific Northwest)
WeatherFlow is looking for a motivated individual who is able to work with limited supervision to join our team of coastal operational meteorologists.
- You will be responsible for forecasting wind and weather conditions for maritime areas across North America.
- Enjoy a flexible schedule. You’ll join a team of contract forecasters from around North America. Contract work may vary from week to week and is seasonal.
- You’ll need caffeine and a good alarm clock as forecast deadlines will often require early morning reports.
NOTE: We are currently only entertaining candidates for the Pacific Northwest.
- In-depth knowledge of coastal meteorology, especially maritime and coastal wind and weather patterns.
- Four years of experience analyzing wind patterns or a BS in meteorology.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to thrive under minimal supervision.
- Reliability. Deadlines must be met … folks need their forecasts!
- Availability. Forecasts are 7 days a week in season. Priority will be given to those willing to work weekends.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Ideal candidates …
- Love wind sports like sailing, windsurfing, or kiteboarding
- Are familiar with WeatherFlow brands
- NOTE: All qualified applicants will be considered for future opportunities, however, only qualified applicants for the Pacific Northwest will be considered at this time.
Contractor compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
This is a seasonal, work-at-home contractor position. It does not require regular traveling. Applicants from other countries may be considered. To apply, please email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tropical Cyclone Meteorologist / Hurricane Network Manager
WeatherFlow is looking for an experienced meteorologist to join our tropical cyclone team. The successful applicant will bring a variety of skills to our team, having practical skills in observational meteorology, observing systems, and observational quality control. The primary role will be to coordinate the expansion, maintenance and operation of WeatherFlow’s hurricane-hardened mesonet, including site identification ,evaluation, and permitting, and handling of construction contracts and data agreements. Additionally, the successful applicant will participate with real-time storm operations and product delivery, and support the use of the data and data interfaces.
WeatherFlow is a team of scientists, meteorologists, engineers and programmers. We maintain one of the largest high-quality private weather networks in the world and specialize in short-term, high-resolution weather forecast modeling and machine learning. Part of our observing network is hurricane hardened in order to provide real-time wind observations during landfalling tropical cyclones. We combine our data with curated third-party weather data to help government agencies, businesses, and consumers make key decisions. We make a family of Smart Weather Stations that are easy to install, understand and use, and automatically integrate with smart home platforms and commercial systems. Our overall goal is to provide actionable weather information to help our worldwide customers make better decisions around safety, save time and money, and increase business profitability.
- BS in Meteorology with two years experience in the weather industry
- Experience with tropical meteorology
- Experience with meteorological observing systems and observational data
- Experience with data evaluation and presentation
- Ability to work with the team and individually
- Capable, resourceful learner
- Ingenuity with problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with site selection, installing, and maintaining weather stations
- Experience with operating in the Linux environment
- Experience with programming in Python and bash
- Experience working with sql databases
- Experience with observational data quality control
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. WeatherFlow offers a full benefits package.
This is a full-time position at our Daytona Beach, Florida office. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Marty Bell, Chief Science Officer, at email@example.com.
Weather Data Engineer
WeatherFlow-Tempest is looking for an experienced weather data engineer to join our team in Fort Collins, Colorado. The successful applicant will have a variety of skills, with core skills in software engineering and experience with meteorology data. The primary role will be to engineer and support scalable solutions in support of our weather data systems.
WeatherFlow-Tempest is a team of scientists, meteorologists, engineers and programmers. We maintain one of the largest high-quality private weather networks in the world and specialize in short-term, high-resolution weather forecast modeling and machine learning. We combine our data with curated third-party weather data to help government agencies, businesses, and consumers make key decisions. We make a family of internet-of-things weather stations that are easy to install, understand and use, and automatically integrate with smart home platforms and commercial systems. Our overall goal is to provide actionable weather information to help our worldwide customers make better decisions around safety, save time and money, and increase business profitability.
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline, with 2 years of experience in the weather industry
• Strong skills in data i/o and processing
• Physical and practical understanding of observed and modeled weather data
• Expertise operating in the Linux environment, including programming in Python and bash
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and/or Dynamo databases
• Ability to work with the team and individually
• Capable, resourceful learner
• Ingenuity with problem solving
• Strong communication skills
• Familiarity with Amazon or other cloud HPC services
• Other scripting and programming languages
• Experience with GitHub or other revision control systems
• Experience with web data services
• Familiarity with statistics and graphics packages
• Experience with observational data quality control
• Experience with machine learning packages
• Web and/or API programming skills
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. WeatherFlow-Tempest offers a full benefits package, including the opportunity to live in Fort Collins!
This is a full-time position at our Fort Collins, Colorado, offices. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Marty Bell, Chief Science Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.