WeatherFlow supports a growing family of products and a set of applications for Android, iPhone, and Web. We are a small dedicated team looking for motivated people whose work will produce an immediate impact on our business.
WeatherFlow celebrates multiple approaches and points of view, and we believe that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace – everyone is welcome to apply.
Interested in working at WeatherFlow? We are always looking for talented people in a variety of areas, from marketing to forecasting! Browse our openings below, or simply send your resume to: email@example.com.
Tropical Cyclone Meteorologist / Hurricane Network Manager
WeatherFlow is looking for an experienced meteorologist to join our tropical cyclone team. The successful applicant will bring a variety of skills to our team, having practical skills in observational meteorology, observing systems, and observational quality control. The primary role will be to coordinate the expansion, maintenance and operation of WeatherFlow’s hurricane-hardened mesonet, including site identification ,evaluation, and permitting, and handling of construction contracts and data agreements. Additionally, the successful applicant will participate with real-time storm operations and product delivery, and support the use of the data and data interfaces.
- BS in Meteorology with two years experience in the weather industry
- Experience with tropical meteorology
- Experience with meteorological observing systems and observational data
- Experience with data evaluation and presentation
- Ability to work with the team and individually
- Capable, resourceful learner
- Ingenuity with problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with site selection, installing, and maintaining weather stations
- Experience with operating in the Linux environment
- Experience with programming in Python and bash
- Experience working with sql databases
- Experience with observational data quality control
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. WeatherFlow offers a full benefits package.
This is a full-time position at our Daytona Beach, Florida office. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Marty Bell, Chief Science Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weather Data Engineer
WeatherFlow-Tempest is looking for an experienced weather data engineer to join our team in Fort Collins, Colorado. The successful applicant will have a variety of skills, with core skills in software engineering and experience with meteorology data. The primary role will be to engineer and support scalable solutions in support of our weather data systems.
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline, with 2 years of experience in the weather industry
• Strong skills in data i/o and processing
• Physical and practical understanding of observed and modeled weather data
• Expertise operating in the Linux environment, including programming in Python and bash
• Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite and/or Dynamo databases
• Ability to work with the team and individually
• Capable, resourceful learner
• Ingenuity with problem solving
• Strong communication skills
• Familiarity with Amazon or other cloud HPC services
• Other scripting and programming languages
• Experience with GitHub or other revision control systems
• Experience with web data services
• Familiarity with statistics and graphics packages
• Experience with observational data quality control
• Experience with machine learning packages
• Web and/or API programming skills
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. WeatherFlow-Tempest offers a full benefits package, including the opportunity to live in Fort Collins!
This is a full-time position at our Fort Collins, Colorado, offices. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Marty Bell, Chief Science Officer at email@example.com.